I made this healthy vegetarian pizza for lunch last Saturday. It is a very simple and easy recipe. I like homemade pizza as I can choose my favourite toppings.
The below pizza crust recipe is for two 10” pizza crust. I used the other half for a pepperoni pizza.
Pizza crust: (for two 10″ pizza)
3 cups bread flour
1 ¼ cups water
2 ½ tsp active yeast
1 tsp brown sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
Toppings: (for one 10″ pizza)
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup pasta sauce (HEINZ brand)
120 g pizza topping cheese (mixture of grated mozzarella cheese and finely grated parmesan cheese)
3 big button mushroom (sliced)
5 cherry tomato (sliced)
½ green pepper (sliced)
2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
1 tsp of dried oregano leaves
- Combine all the pizza crust ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Knead with dough hook until the dough comes together and forms a tacky ball, but does not stick to the bowl. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. The total kneading time is about 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees C.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide dough into 2 equal portions. Keep one portion in the fridge for another pizza. Form into a ball. Roll the dough out 11-inch diameter. Place on a lightly greased pan or non-stick baking paper.
- Bake the crust for 5 mins.
- Remove crust from oven. Brush the olive oil over the entire top of the pizza dough. Spread an even layer of pizza sauce over the pizza. Top with the pizza topping cheese. Place the sliced vegetable and top again with some cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and topping with dried oregano, black pepper and basil leaves. Slice and serve immediately.