Another healthy and tasty dish for those bean lover. I cooked this stew in Italian style of cooking. It is quite similar to the Lentil Vegetable Stew recipe I share earlier. But, with difference herbs used.
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or any other post, please leave me a comment in the “LEAVE A COMMENT” link and I will reply you as soon as possible.
Yields: 5 – 6 servings
¼ cup quinoa, washed and drained.
1 cup White Bean (Cannellini Bean)
1 red capsicum, cut into cubes
1 yellow onion, diced
1 carrot, cut into cubes
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
5 – 6 cups water
Salt to taste
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp corriander
- Soak white bean one night before. Drain and steam for 40 – 50 minutes.
- In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute both garlic and onion until softened.
- Add in carrot and tomatoes, stir for 1 minutes. Then add in all the dried herbs and stir for about 1 minute. Add water enough to cover.
- Add capsicum and quinoa.
- Turn to high heat and place a lid on the pot and let it boil. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for around 20 to 30 minutes until the quino is cooked.
- After 30 minutes, add the steamed white bean and salt to taste.
- Serve hot.
White bean can be substitute with Chickpea. If raw white bean is not available, you can use the caned white bean.