This is by far my favourite simple recipe for cookies that I would recommend you try. It is healthy, crunchy and just addictively delicious. Everyone in my family love it. You can substitute the nuts in the recipe with another nut though I think almonds work best.
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or any other post, please leave me a comment in the “LEAVE A COMMENT” link and I will reply you as soon as possible.
Yields: Approx. 40 cookies
200g – 230g organic coconut oil
3 tbsp honey
80g organic brown sugar
200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 stp salt
130g rolled oats
100g almond flakes (toasted, use hand to crush into smaller pieces)
120g raisins or cranberry
2 tbsp chia seeds
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 180 C. Line 2 baking trays with baking papers and set aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, shift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then whisk together the flour mixture with sugar, rolled oats, raisins, almond flakes and chia seeds.
- Gradually stir in the coconut oil and honey to flour mixture until well-combined.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Place the cookies about 1 inches apart on the lined baking tray.
- Using 2 fingers, lightly press down on each cookie dough ball to flatten it.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookies just start turning golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on a wire rack completely before storing in the air tight container. They will crisp up as they cool