This is another soft and fluffy bread by using the sponge dough method.
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or any other post, please leave me a comment in the “LEAVE A COMMENT” link and I will reply you as soon as possible.
Yields: 1 Loaf (25 x 12 x 11cm loaf pan)
60g bread flour
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp instant yeast
400g bread flour
230g can creamed sweet corn
1 ¼ tsp yeast
25g brown sugar (add more if you like slightly sweeter)
1½ tsp salt
30g milk powder
40g butter or vegetable oil
1 egg, whisked (use only 40g)
Egg wash: Balance of whisked egg from 1 egg above + 1 tbsp water (Optional)
25 x 12 x 11 cm Pullman Loaf Pan
For the Sponge Dough:
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead with your hand for few minutes until smooth. Roll into a ball and place in a greased bowl or airtight glass container. Cover with cling film and let it prove for 1 hours in a warm place and dark place. (If you want to use the dough on the same day, please let the dough proof for 2 hours instead)
- Place into the refrigerator and use the next day. 30 minutes before using, take out the Sponge dough from refrigerator to return to room temperature.
For the main dough:
- Put all main dough ingredients and sponge dough in a bowl of stand mixer and knead till the dough come together, until achieve window pane stage (the dough at this stage should be able to be pulled and stretched into membrane).
- Form the dough into a round ball and let it rise in a warm place for 60 minutes or until double in size in a large greased bowl, covered with cling film or kitchen towel. I normally leave the dough in the stand mixer’s bowl and cover with kitchen towel.
- Punch down the dough to release the air. Transfer the dough to a clean floured surface then divide into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each dough with a rolling pin into long rectangle shape. Fold the two sides to the centre. Roll flat with rolling pin again. Roll up like swiss roll and place all dough in a pullman loaf pan lining with non-stick baking sheet without lid on. Let it rise for another 50 -60 minutes or until double in size.
- 15 minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Brush with egg wash (optional) and bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove bread to cool on rack completely before slicing.