Moroccan Style of Lentil Vegetable Stew!
I enjoy beans and I like having it as an alternative protein. I am always looking for different ways to cook the bean. This is something I tried and enjoyed.
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or any other post, please leave me a comment in the “LEAVE A COMMENT” link and I will reply you as soon as possible.
Yields: 5 servings
1 cup chickpeas
1 cup lentils
1 yellow onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 big tomatoes, diced
4 stalks celery, diced
1 red capsicum, cut in cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
5 – 6 cups water
Salt to taste
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Soak chickpeas one night before. Drain and steam for 50 minutes.
- Soak lentil for one hour and drain.
- In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute both garlic and onion until softened.
- Add in celery, stir for 1 minute. Then add in all the dried herbs (except bay leaves) and stir for about 1 minute. Add water enough to cover.
- Add in diced tomatoes and bay leaves, then lentil and capsicum.
- Turn to high heat and place a lid on the pot and let it boil. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for around 30 minutes until the lentil is cooked and soft.
- After 30 minutes, add chickpeas and salt to taste.
- Serve hot.