I used the left over carrot from the carrot chiffon cake to make this bread. This is my own recipe and the texture turned out light and fluffy. I hope you will like it.
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or any other post, please leave me a comment in the “LEAVE A COMMENT” link and I will reply you as soon as possible.
40g bread flour
¼ tsp sugar
¼ tsp instant yeast
260g bread flour
130g grated carrot
1 tsp instant yeast
15g brown sugar (add more if you like slightly sweeter)
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp milk powder
Egg wash: Whisk 1 egg with 1 tbsp water (Optional)
20 cm X 10 cm x 10 cm Pullman Loaf Pan
For the Sponge Dough:
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead with your hand for few minutes until smooth and shiny. Roll into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with cling film and let it prove for 1 hours in a warm place and dark place. (If you want to use the dough on the same day, please let the dough proof for 2 hours instead)
- Place into the refrigerator and use the next day. 30 minutes before using, take out the Sponge dough from refrigerator to return to room temperature.
For the main dough:
- Put all main dough ingredients and sponge dough in a bowl of stand mixer and knead till the dough come together, until achieve window pane stage (the dough at this stage should be able to be pulled and stretched into membrane).
- Form the dough into a round ball and let it rise in a warm place for 60 minutes or until double in size in a large greased bowl, covered with cling film or kitchen towel.
- Punch down the dough to release the air. Transfer the dough to a clean floured surface then divide into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each dough with a rolling pin into long rectangle shape. Roll up the dough until a small log is formed. Place all dough in a pullman loaf pan lining with non-stick baking sheet without lid on. Let it rise for another 50 -60 minutes or until double in size.
- 15 minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Brush with egg wash (optional) and bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove bread to cool on rack completely.