If you are looking for soft and fluffy bread, this is the recipe for you.
400g bread flour
250g Japanese sweet potato, peeled, sliced, steamed and mashed
40g caster sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant active yeast
160ml fresh milk
1 egg white and 1 Tbsp water
- Place ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer and knead until it had come together and beginning become elastic or let the machine knead for 15 mins.
- Set it aside to rise for 60 mins or till double in size.
- Punch down the bread dough to release the air.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions and shape into balls. Place dough in 2 pans lining with non-stick baking sheet. Let dough rise for another 45-60 mins or until double in size.
- Brush the dough with egg white/water mixture and sprinkle with some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C – 180C for 25 to 30mins.
- Remove bread to cool on rack completely